Study in Hungary

Friday, November 14, 2008

Socrates, in Plato's "APOLOGY"

'It has been my fixed principle to speak the truth', as Socrates puts it, and the adage ' Honesty is the best policy' - it is just a thought, why is it so hard to tell the truth, but it is easier to tell a lie? I have been dealing with 'powers that be', and yesterday during my meeting with Professor Shamsul of UKM, it dawn on me,that perhaps ignorance is bliss. What more can I say, I am thankful to Prof Shamsul for enlightening me on this, how can this be truer, after so many years, why do I say so many years? Machiavelli's observations remains as true today as they were in 16th Century Florence. Across the world, politicians still break their promises and lie to the people (though there are good ones) atrocities are still committed (either physically or psychologically)... I am just pondering..

Sukhoi History