Study in Hungary

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Why I dropped Pre - Med?

It is an interesting title, particularly in this age when a lot of school leavers are keen to be working in this field. The title above does not belong to me, but rather by a student, Cornell bound, by the name of Nina Zhang. Being an excellent student, who participated in many activities, it is therefore a natural inclination for her to be pursuing a Degree Programme as such. As she mentioned it, her primary focus was for her love for science. Her noble intention aimed, at pursuing a career which she would help others healthier and a fuller lives.

As she puts it, over time, many of her friends changed plans, some went on to pursue PhD in Science, others in Hotel Administration etc.

However, my main interest in reading her article, is when she says 'in college, life changes in ways you could never expect or imagine. Choosing to deviate from a course of study that has guided you since childhood can be an especially hard choice.'

'Between classes, I talked to my fellow students, about why they wanted to become doctors. The Hippocratic Oath had little to do with it' (sincerely speaking, I really love her honesty). Many cited doctors' high income.

Well.. I do hope, our students, or specifically who came to me for interviews...will be aware I know.. what is the reason beyond..

No comments:

Sukhoi History