Study in Hungary

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Part II

Having seen many with their application peppered by the concoctions what educational recruiters may purports to be the PERFECT extra curricular resume, I became even more cautious. Every University may receive the same application, yet every Admission Officer, will will draw its very own conclusions.. The odds are minimal for students to know what exactly an Admission Officer really wants. Therefore, one 'size' does not fit all. All the more annoying, when certain students take it easy for the believe 'certain University' are easier to enter, as against the rest.

I tend to look into the student who have a learning style compatible to with their ways of teaching, and obviously, the ratio of international students population as well as the University environment. Depending on the nature of the University (there are 10 Institution that I am responsible of), I am looking at either students will do well in seminars or large lectures classes or group collaboration projects. My University may also want students who excel in essays or students who can master challenging exams.

My main job, is to evaluate talents, backgrounds, experiences and skills in the context of a students life and what was available to him or her. Although this is indeed very subjective in nature -'who we are, and where we work, do affect what we see'. Being a Asian/Oriental, having lived in Europe, I see things over that ' European Side', and understand the predicament of a local applicants. It is not perfect, but a perfect human processes. In my search for the authentic student, I trust that intuition, along with data. (this formula even applies for job applicants). To paraphrase former Supreme Court of Justice 'Potter Stewart' (admittedly addressing a different subject0, "I know it when I see it". Authenticity, which includes Honesty, Integrity, Dilligent are all matters. Who they are when they are students will define, what they will be like, when they work for others..

No comments:

Sukhoi History