Study in Hungary

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Out goes the lecturer

Thursday April 16, 2009

A UNIVERSITI Sains Islam Malaysia lecturer who passed only four out of 157 of her law students claims she was forced to resign so that the university could protect its reputation, Kosmo! reported.

Nor (not her real name) said the reason she left was because she could not stand the pressure from the university management on her to give “sympathy marks.”

“How am I to give extra marks if the marks they got is what they should be getting?” she said, adding that her downfall started when she received a show-cause letter on why so many students had failed.

She was then criticised by her superiors, who also wanted her to add marks based on attendance so as to reduce the number of failures.

“I stood my ground. How could I give them marks for that when it is their responsibility to show up for classes?” she added.

The university declined to comment.

It never failed to surprise me about what happened in the Educational system in Malaysia. I wonder the meaning of quality education, being an educational hub, being a centre for excellence, perhaps there is something wrong within us, and yet, there are many that 'menangguk di air keruh' - how nice to see the future of Malaysia.. Just to add, I have stated over and over again, to MMC Secretary that MPEC is not an agency, yet the letter I received is that, MMC does not deal with agency. Perhaps there is a linguistic problem to be diagnose

No comments:

Sukhoi History